Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Star Comments

When I first started reading this story I was confused. I hadn't realized that the characters were away from our solar system and had traveled to another solar system filled with different societies. I thought that the only life forms were that of humans from Earth. But the thing that got me thinking was that the narrator was always questioning God. He believed in God at first, but throughout the story his faith becomes less and less. How can you question God when everything you are doing goes against his laws. You can't go from solar system to solar system with a space ship. God made it to where that was impossible to accomplish. You can't breathe anywhere else besides Earth. All the laws that God created have been broken so I just don't see how you can question a God that pretty much doesn't exist if all these things are possible. However, all this depends on whether or not you believe in a God in the first place.

No comments: