Sunday, April 1, 2007

Star Discussion

I agree with the discussion we had about the story Star in the sense that the main problem was the relationship between science and religion or science and faith. I do not believe that you can agree with both science and religion. I say that you can't because to believe in religion involves having a strong faith for what you believe in. If you believe in science that means that your faith is broken and you can't scientifically explain religion without the thought of faith. Most religions are based around having faith in something.

2 comments:

mISTERnAIL said...

cason,
i don't really understand why you feel that science and religion are mutually exclusive concepts. isn't the nature of faith and belief enough to not only separate the two, but to allow us to live in both realms? religion can't have a scientific explanation; that is the nature of faith. likewise, we don't need faith for science, because the nature of science is demonstrable fact.

* Megan * said...

Cason,

I really enjoyed reading your blog. I thought it was written very well. I agree with what you said about science and religion. I don't think you can believe in both. Either you think one way or the other about the world and you cant like you stated have faith in science and religion both. Good blog!

*Megan*